Calling all referral networkers! Here are are some tips from the pros to help you keep those referrals flowing.
Follow this advice and generate a tidal wave of new business.
1. “The best way to get a referral is to send one.”
Christopher Ott, Referral Key
2. “Try out a referral incentive program: gifts, discounts, etc.”
Kim Fenolio, America’s Best Companies
3. “The reality is that effective referral networking requires a two pronged approach. First we need to exchange referrals with professionals and customers who already know us and are familiar with the quality of our work; a tool like Referral Key helps track and manage those referrals. Second, we must build relationships via an open dialog with those who are not comfortable with us yet.”
Len Bruskiewitz, Constant Contact
4. “You must instill a referral marketing mind-set into your business’s culture. Do this by making every customer a marketing and referral contact.”
John Jantsch, Duct Tape Marketing
5. “We all know and understand the power of referrals. Word of mouth is as potent as it gets. You can’t buy it or force it. But you can encourage it.”
Drew McLellan, The Marketing Minute